Click here for All Caro Mitis SACD Titles
MA Recordings is excited to announce that we have decided to import and distribute a most interesting Hybrid SACD only, classical label from Russia - Caro Mitis. All recordings produced by Caro Mitis (translated from the Latin as “Succulent Fruit”) are pure multi-channel DSD productions, most of them recorded in the revered studios of The Russian Television and Radio Broadcasting Company (RTR) in Moscow.
Caro Mitis' policy is to present state-of-art performances of classical works by outstanding Russian & European musicians, ensembles & orchestras. The catalog contains a number of World Premiere Recordings, particularly of early music.
Caro Mitis fundamentals are:
• recording and postproduction by Polyhymnia International B.V. from Holland, the leader in the SACD format that also works with Harmonia Mundi, Pentatone and others.
• manufacturing of all titles as hybrid SACDs (thus allowing listeners to play the disks on regular CD-players as well as SACD players) at SONY DADC (Austria);
• unique designs for each disk (created by Kosta Gusalov - one of the leading Russian graphic artists) based on the use of national historical engravings
• multi-lingual booklets and inlays with extensive illustrated information
• a long-term recording program with a number of World Premiere Recordings every year.
Presently, there are 13 titles in the catalog and although we are sure you will probably not be able to acquire all titles at once, I am sure that once you hear both the performances and sound, you will be hooked!
The first Caro Mitis SACDs received a number of extremely positive reviews in the European press, as well as a few awards. They have been mentioned on some US audiophile sites as well, including John Sunier's “Audiophile Audition” and “Positive Feedback”
Caro Mitis exclusively records and supports the Pratum Integrum Orchestra - a leading Russian orchestra which performs on authentic instruments. Caro Mitis also has an exclusive recording contract with the outstanding oboist Alexei Utkin. We recommend his wonderful recordings especially.
Finally, Here is some data as to what recording equipment these discs are produced with:
DPA (B & K) 4006
DPA (B & K) 4011
All the microphone buffer amplifiers and pre-amplifiers are Polyhymnia International B.V. custom built.
DSD analogue to digital converter - Meitner design by EMM Labs.
Recording, editing and mixing on the Pyramix system by Merging Technologies, Switzerland.
Please take a look at the new page we have created for Caro Mitis. For detailed info and sound samples, you will be directed to the Caro Mitis web site. We hope you will become as excited about Caro Mitis as we are!
All CARO MITIS SACDs are priced at $26.50.
Click here for Caro Mitis SACD Titles